At UTC Oxfordshire we pride ourselves on our strong team; we have high staff retention which we believe is due to the unique curriculum, a strong and supportive team who are passionate about providing the best opportunities to our young people, alongside excellent training and flexible work opportunities.
As a growing school we are keen to hear from those with experience to add value to our current structure; we welcome any speculative applications which can be submitted either using our expression of interest form below, or by completing an application form. If you would like to arrange a tour or find out more about the UTC please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also view our supporting staff and families information.
Teacher of Science
Part-time: 0.6/2-3 days per week, hours negotiable
Salary: Up to £34,313* (QTP6) or up to £27,979* (UTP6) with recruitment and retention available. Additional incentives for the right candidate. *FTE
An exciting opportunity to join the science department of a progressive, specialist science and engineering school for 14-19 year olds, rated Good in all areas by Ofsted in 2018.
UTC Oxfordshire is looking to appoint an innovative and passionate teacher to join our science department, working alongside local employers and leading universities who enrich and enhance our unique curriculum offer. We would welcome applications from ambitious and forward thinking NQTs.
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work with a growing and supportive team
- An environment where the focus is upon high quality teaching and student destinations
- A unique curriculum with outstanding facilities and cutting edge ICT and technology to support learning
- An opportunity to develop you teaching career with the possibility of progression as the role develops
- High quality professional development
- Focused teaching – only KS4 and KS5
- Fully supported laptop provided with latest software to simplify your workload
- A good work/life balance
- The opportunity to work alongside industry partners in your field of expertise
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Be passionate about science, ideally a specialist in biology or physics to complement our current team
- Ability to teach across KS4 and KS5
The UTC is a specialist science and engineering school which works to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and experience that leading employers are looking for, as well as achieving their academic potential. Our school hours from Sept 2019 are 8.30am to 4pm. UTC Oxfordshire is centrally located with excellent transport links close by.
We recommend a tour of the UTC and informal conversations are encouraged. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting / interviews have taken place.
Safeguarding recruitment statement
UTC Oxfordshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will meet the person specification, and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure and complete the relevant safeguarding training.