Sam is a very passionate personal trainer who is studying naturopathic nutrition in order to become a nutritional therapist when qualified. He also teaches our KS4 students health and fitness lessons. Specializing in fat loss and muscle building, Sam trains a large variety of clients. He also has a particular interest in functional training, calisthenics and powerlifting.
With combined personal training and advanced nutritional support, Sam helps his clients in achieving optimum health, allowing for fast fitness results, no matter what the aim. This can be in the form of 1-2-1 training, or group sessions with like-minded people who have similar goals.
- 1-2-1 personal training
- Group personal training
- Detailed nutritional advise/health talks
- Every sessions has to be different, enjoyable, and work the client hard.
- The intensity of training depends on the health of the client and their current fitness. But in the right scenario, you’ll get worked hard.
- Supporting client health issues involves addressing the cause, not the symptoms.
- Nutrition is the foundation to health and fitness, and long term results can’t be attained unless you completely change your lifestyle and way of thinking.
Client Case Study
A typical session would take place in the gym (although some sessions take place outside); they are very well planned and tailored to help me achieve my aspirations and goals. I never imagined just how many variations there are in utilising the equipment and my own body weight!. I can honestly say that I have never repeated the same session ever, and, never wasted a single moment of the hour. It’s jam packed with goodness and with SBPT, it’s all about me!
Fat burning, cardio, strength, stamina, explosive, body weight training – these all feature in some format or another in a very challenging way that takes me outside of my comfort zone. However, with Sam’s motivation and teaching method in this controlled environment, I’m actually performing exercises that I once, never believed I could do, either because of injury or because I simply believed I couldn’t do it!
From the outset, Sam showed a genuine interest in my aspirations and convinced me that with his help, I would overcome the mental and physical barriers, to achieve my goal. For a young professional, this genuine interest and understanding of others, is a rare attribute.
Although I have always enjoyed exercise and keeping fit, having suffered with arthritis in both knees for decades, the pain, inflammation and stiffness in my knees, limited (and in some cases prevented) my ability to do certain things. A step up, lunge or squat, impossible. Any impact, like running or jumping or even climbing stairs always caused me pain.
I’ve proved to myself that where the mind goes, the body will follow. It’s difficult at times, but I kept on believing and singing the lyrics “You can do anything that you want to do. I could not have achieved this without Sam. A selfless, respectful, welcoming, highly motivational and successful PT.
- 17.9kg Weight Loss
- 14cm loss from chest
- 14cm loss from waist
- 17cm loss from hips
- 17cm loss from thighs
- Dropped two dress sizes, from Size 16 to Size 12
- ICON Training Level 2 Gym Instructing
- ICON Training Level 3 Personal Training
- Level 3 Exercise Referral
- Naturopathic Nutrition Advanced Diploma (student)