As well as being a personal trainer, Tom is a qualified sports massage therapist and he also teaches our KS4 students health and fitness lessons. Tom has worked more than 12 years in the leisure industry in a number of roles; this has given him the knowledge to be a trainer with the passion for getting results for his clients.
Specialising in weight loss and athlete development, Tom has worked with a wealth of different clients, for which he has provided bespoke 1:1 and small group personal training sessions.
- 1-2-1 personal training.
- Sports massage therapy.
- Injury and trauma rehabilitation.
- Teaches U-Core, U-Primal, U-Pump and U-Box
Since qualifying as a personal trainer I have experimented around with many forms of training styles and even more types of equipment. As a result of this experimentation with training in and out of the gym I now believe in these statements:
- Training should always be fun and always challenging. When one of those elements is missing somethings gone wrong.
- You should never feel nervous or anxious about doing something in the gym. If you do then stop.
- Weight exercises should always be accompanied with cardio exercises for improving overall fitness levels.
- Nutrition should be easy and tailored to your life. Yo-Yo diets never work in the long term
Client Case Study
I approached Tom in January 2016, severely overweight and depressed. I had tried a whole host of diets, none of which seemed sustainable. I was instantly struck with Tom’s knowledge both in terms of nutrition and fitness and he drew up a plan that fitted in very well with my busy life style as a working mother. He checked up on my regularly, responding to all my queries and allaying all my concerns, always being proactive about researching additional material for me.
Tom’s training sessions are versatile and energetic; his approach as a trainer is motivational without being harsh. Like any successful teacher/coach, he knows how to bring the best out of his clients. This comes from knowing his clients well, including their weaknesses and pitfalls.
Tom is also a very ethical trainer and will not expect you to continue training once you have achieved your results. I never felt pressurised to continue though chose to train with Tom for nearly two years. I am very grateful I did because I am now 16 kg lighter, fitter, more knowledgeable about food and definitely happier. I have recommended Tom to friends, colleagues and family who have been equally impressed with his professionalism and warmth.
- Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma
- Premier Global Level 3 Personal Trainer.
- Certificate in Circuits Instruction and Kettlebells Instruction.
- Certificate in Postural Analysis and Corrective Exercise.