UTC stands for University Technical College and is an innovative new approach to learning for 14-19 year olds that offers specialist programmes alongside a core curriculum.
Students at UTC Oxfordshire benefit from a more personalised approach to learning than they would have in a larger traditional school.
UTC Oxfordshire could be the right place for you if you want to:
- Focus your studies on science and/or engineering
- Learn in a high-tech environment
- Pursue a career where your skills will be in demand
- Gain specialist skills and knowledge relevant for today’s high-tech industries but still keep more general options open
- Be sure of a route into higher education, further education, employment and apprenticeships – whichever your chosen path
- Move from a secondary school because you are ready for exciting, real-world learning
- Study in a professional work-like environment
- Complete assignments during the day, leaving you with spare time to pursue other interests
- Take responsibility for your learning
- Learn in a relatively small school and enjoy lots of individual attention
- Develop wider all round interests, such as in sport, music, art or languages
We seek to provide each student with an employer-led project each year during their studies at the UTC, in order to enable the student to fully understand the relevance of their learning to the world of work, and to give them visibility of career pathways within key local employers.
You’ll work with industry partners such as UK Atomic Energy Authority on a number of projects: