UTC stands for University Technical College and is an innovative new approach to learning for 14-19 year olds that offers specialist programmes alongside a core curriculum.
Students at UTC Oxfordshire benefit from a more personalised approach to learning than they would have in a larger traditional school.
UTC Oxfordshire could be the right place for you if you want to:
- Focus your studies on science and/or engineering
- Learn in a high-tech environment
- Pursue a career where your skills will be in demand
- Gain specialist skills and knowledge relevant for today’s high-tech industries but still keep more general options open
- Be sure of a route into higher education, further education, employment and apprenticeships – whichever your chosen path
- Move from a secondary school because you are ready for exciting, real-world learning
- Study in a professional work-like environment
- Complete assignments during the day, leaving you with spare time to pursue other interests
- Take responsibility for your learning
- Learn in a relatively small school and enjoy lots of individual attention
- Develop wider all round interests, such as in sport, music, art or languages
You’ll work with industry partners such as UK Atomic Energy Authority on a number of projects: